I just love reading Bitch Cakes' blog! I always come away feeling better about myself with a new found inner-strength and determination. I also found myself quoting BC often in my own blog and writing down many of the things she had said that meant a great deal to me so I could look back on them when I needed to.

It felt as though BC was writing to ME and helping me learn how to cope with my own journey so I decided to create this page in her honour. I feel privileged to be able to share her journey and I love looking at all of her photos.
It is underneath these photos you will find the experience and insight of a woman called *Bitch Cakes*

With permission from Bitch Cakes, I would like to share some of my favourite photos that I have found on her blog.

* Bitch Cakes *

* Bitch Cakes *
The gorgeous lady in question
I couldn't help putting this next photo up - I just love it!!

There is an innocence about it and it is just a completely beautiful photo.

BC before her journey began

BC before her journey began
204 pounds (92.5 kgs)
BC has an awesome bike that she loves - it's a pink Hello Kitty Cruiser and she participates in many bike tours through New York on her cruiser while wearing her very unique biking outfits, which I love. Here are a few photos :

Hello Kitty Cruiser

Hello Kitty Cruiser

BC at 159 pounds (72kgs)

BC at 159 pounds (72kgs)
Amazing weight loss of 22kg (48.5lbs) so far!!!

I absolutely love BC's biking outfits

I absolutely love BC's biking outfits

Another awesome outfit!

Another awesome outfit!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why is something as easy as writing down a list so difficult? Tracking what I eat is the hardest part of weight loss for me and I don't know why, but thanks to the fabulous Ms Bitch Cakes and her post on tracking I think I understand myself a little better now.

Here are some parts of Sheryl's post that really made me look at myself and admit to myself the reason why I am so bad at tracking. It is good to know that I am not the only one who really struggles with this part of the journey.

"When I'm not tracking, I'm really not taking care of myself. I'm not putting myself first. I'm not making my health a priority. And I'm not being good to myself......Not tracking for me means not monitoring my behaviors and not facing and being accountable for my choices."

".....I'll be off to a great start, having tracked my breakfast, snacks and lunch but then do something crazy like eat 22 PointsPlus worth of what I call "vegan junk food".... not track them and then get home and not track dinner. Or whatever else I eat from that point forward."

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DO!!!
- Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this woman. I love her experience with weight loss and I love her courage to admit to herself (and followers) how she is feeling and what she is going through. Most of all though, I love that Sheryl is willing to share her blog and insight with anyone who chooses to listen, well read, like me and I love how I always learn something from it that will help me succeed on my journey.

More from BC,

"How is *not* tracking helping me? It's simply not. It's just keeping me in denial and often subtly encouraging me to do it again. And that's where one not-so-great choice can lead to another and another and another until actual weight gain occurs."

"........Writing down everything I choose to ingest. They're my choices, the least I can do is be accountable for them in eTools."

No comments: